Location: Limassol or Nicosia, Cyprus
Possibility of Remote Work: Yes
Any Travel Involved: Minimal
MAP FinTech, a leading regulatory technology solutions provider for the global financial services industry, is looking for a new Software Developer to work out of our offices in either Limassol or Nicosia. Working for MAP FinTech is a rich experience that can rarely be found in any other working environments. Not only will you learn skills that will last you a lifetime, but you will develop relationships and training that could set you up for an established career.
This Role in a Nutshell
To write clean, concise, and efficient code for the development and release of software that satisfies both our team and clients’ overall RegTech needs as part of the financial services world.
What Does Your Role Specifically Involve?
- Developing, testing, and releasing software on a regular schedule and as a key cog in an Agile environment.
- Writing clean, concise, and efficient code.
- Researching and introducing new technologies.
- Gaining experience with microservices architecture.
- Following best practices in terms of information security.
- Working closely with system analysts and regulatory compliance experts to define our team and clients’ specific software requirements.
- Using AWS infrastructure for high availability.
Here Are Our Basic Requirements:
- At least two (2) years of experience in software development.
- Extensive knowledge of Java.
- Hands-on experience with databases and SQL.
- Working knowledge of RESTful web services using Spring framework.
- A familiarity with test frameworks such as JUnit, Mockito, etc.
- Innovative problem-solving skills that will produce workable solutions.
- A positive attitude.
- Flexible and highly adaptable to new situations.
- Excellent communication skills.
- A team player yet with an innate ability to think independently and creatively.
We’d Also Love to See:
- Knowledge of PHP and Laravel.
- Previous working experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS).
- Linux user.
- Knowledge of Shell scripting (bash).
- A familiarity with Version Control Systems (git or svn).
What’s In It for You?
By joining our team, you will have plenty of unique opportunities to boost both your professional profile and career in this fast-growing sector. You will work alongside our highly experienced technology experts on various modern software development frameworks and technologies, helping to maintain and evolve our award-winning Polaris platform, used to service our global clients to meet and surpass their regulatory objectives.
If you join our growing team, you will be offered a competitive remuneration package, including a discretionary performance-related bonus based on qualifications and experience, provident fund upon successful completion of the probation period, flexible working hours, one afternoon off and working from home, in-house and external training courses, free available parking next to our offices, flexibility in dress code as per occasion, and other perks such as teambuilding activities, corporate events, personal and career development opportunities, and more.
Plus, you will become part of a hardworking, resourceful, and clever group of professionals who can also let loose and have fun at work.
How Can You Apply?
Your application will be treated with the strictest confidentiality. If you’re interested in applying for this vacancy, please click on the Apply button below. Best of luck with your submission.
Get to Know us a Little Bit Better
MAP FinTech is a leading and award-winning regulatory technology provider for the financial services industry. We specialise in trading activity reporting and monitoring solutions that arise from the many requirements posed by complex and challenging international regulations such as EMIR, MiFID II/MiFIR, SFTR, FATCA, DAC6 and CRS. All our services are provided via our proprietary Polaris platform. More details regarding Polaris can be found here.
Please note that you will only be contacted if you make it past the preliminary round.
MAP Fintech is an equal opportunity employer. We firmly believe in diversity and inclusivity in the workplace, so applicants from all walks of life are welcome.