Location: Limassol, Cyprus
Possibility of Remote Work: Yes
Any Travel Involved: Minimal
MAP FinTech, a leading regulatory technology solutions provider for the global financial services industry, is looking for a new Junior Java Developer to work out of our offices in Limassol. Working for MAP FinTech is a rich experience that can rarely be found in any other working environments. Not only will you learn skills that will last you a lifetime, but you will develop relationships and training that could set you up for an established career.
This Role in a Nutshell
To write clean, concise, and efficient code for the development and release of software that satisfies both our team and clients’ overall RegTech needs as part of the financial services world.
What Does Your Role Specifically Involve?
- Develop in an agile environment and release software on a regular schedule
- Research and introduce new technologies
- Gain experience with microservices architecture
- Follow best practices for information security
- Work closely with system analysts and regulatory compliance experts to define software requirements
- Leverage cloud infrastructure for high availability
- Write clean, concise, and efficient code
Here Are Our Basic Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or in a relevant field
- Knowledge of Java
- OOP principles
- Algorithms and data structures
- Experience with databases and SQL
- Innovative problem-solving skills that will produce workable solutions.
- A positive attitude.
- Flexible and highly adaptable to new situations.
- Excellent communication skills.
- A team player yet with an innate ability to think independently and creatively.
We’d Also Love to See:
- Knowledge of PHP and Laravel.
- Linux user.
What’s In It for You?
By joining our team, you will have plenty of unique opportunities to boost both your professional profile and career in this fast-growing sector. You will work alongside our highly experienced technology experts on various modern software development frameworks and technologies, helping to maintain and evolve our award-winning Polaris platform, used to service our global clients to meet and surpass their regulatory objectives.
If you join our growing team, you will be offered a competitive remuneration package, including a discretionary performance-related bonus based on qualifications and experience, provident fund upon successful completion of the probation period, flexible working hours, one afternoon off and working from home, in-house and external training courses, free available parking next to our offices, flexibility in dress code as per occasion, and other perks such as teambuilding activities, corporate events, personal and career development opportunities, and more.
Plus, you will become part of a hardworking, resourceful, and clever group of professionals who can also let loose and have fun at work.
How Can You Apply?
Your application will be treated with the strictest confidentiality. If you’re interested in applying for this vacancy, please click on the Apply button below. Best of luck with your submission.
Get to Know us a Little Bit Better
MAP FinTech is a leading and award-winning regulatory technology provider for the financial services industry. We specialise in trading activity reporting and monitoring solutions that arise from the many requirements posed by complex and challenging international regulations such as EMIR, MiFID II/MiFIR, SFTR, FATCA, DAC6 and CRS. All our services are provided via our proprietary Polaris platform. More details regarding Polaris can be found here.
Please note that you will only be contacted if you make it past the preliminary round.
MAP Fintech is an equal opportunity employer. We firmly believe in diversity and inclusivity in the workplace, so applicants from all walks of life are welcome.