Location: Limassol or Nicosia, Cyprus
Possibility of Remote Work: Yes
Any Travel Involved: Minimal
MAP FinTech, a leading regulatory technology solutions provider for the global financial services industry, is looking for a Junior Regulatory Analyst to work out of our offices in either Limassol or Nicosia. Working for MAP FinTech is a rich experience that can rarely be found in any other working environments. Not only will you learn skills that will last you a lifetime, but you will develop relationships and training that could set you up for an established career.
This Role in a Nutshell
Support clients and internal enquiries on compliance/regulatory related matters, keep up to date and provide guidance on new regulatory developments and analyse trading models and financial instruments.
What Does Your Role Specifically Involve?
- Reply and provide guidance to compliance/regulatory related enquires of clients and support internal enquiries on compliance/regulatory matters such as EMIR, MiFID, MiFIR, SFTR, RTS 27, RTS 28, Best Execution, CRS, FATCA, DAC6, MAR, KYC, AML.
- Review, analyse and provide guidance on new regulatory developments.
- Provide input to in-house teams regarding reporting of new financial instruments and the nature of transactions.
- Participate in meetings with prospective clients, analyse and understand trading models, financial instruments nature and their respective contracts and any other compliance aspect related to regulatory reporting requirements.
- Keep up to date with relevant regulatory developments and cooperate with in-house teams to interpret how these could potentially affect client business.
- Communicate with the Cyprus Securities & Exchange Commission and other local and EU authorities.
- Draft articles related to regulatory and financial matters for marketing purposes.
Here Are Our Basic Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Maths, Statistics, Actuarial, Finance, Accounting, or any other related discipline from a reputable university.
- Excellent command of the English and Greek language, both verbal and written.
- Understanding of how financial markets and financial instruments operate.
- Team spirit with strong relationship-building and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent problem-solving abilities and willingness to study and develop.
- Able to perform under pressure and strict deadlines.
- Computer literacy.
We’d Also Love to See:
- Previous experience in a position relevant to regulatory reporting (e.g. SFTR, MiFIR, EMIR, etc.)
- Previous academic knowledge and/or experience on economics or the financial services sector.
- ACA/ACCA/CFA or master’s degree in a related field.
What’s In It for You?
By joining our team, you will have plenty of unique opportunities to boost both your professional profile and career in this fast-growing sector. You will work alongside our highly experienced experts on various projects.
If you join our growing team, you will be offered a competitive remuneration package, including a discretionary performance-related bonus based on qualifications and experience, provident fund upon successful completion of the probation period, flexible working hours, one afternoon off and working from home, in-house and external training courses, free available parking next to our offices, flexibility in dress code as per occasion, and other perks such as teambuilding activities, corporate events, personal and career development opportunities, and more.
Plus, you will become part of a hardworking, resourceful, and clever group of professionals who can also let loose and have fun at work.
How Can You Apply?
Your application will be treated with the strictest confidentiality. If you’re interested in applying for this vacancy, please click on the Apply button below. Best of luck with your submission.
Get to Know us a Little Bit Better
MAP FinTech is a leading and award-winning regulatory technology provider for the financial services industry. We specialise in trading activity reporting and monitoring solutions that arise from the many requirements posed by complex and challenging international regulations such as EMIR, MiFID II/MiFIR, SFTR, FATCA, DAC6 and CRS. All our services are provided via our proprietary Polaris platform. More details regarding Polaris can be found in the following link: https://mapfintech.com/polaris-platform
Please note that you will only be contacted if you make it past the preliminary round.
MAP Fintech is an equal opportunity employer. We firmly believe in diversity and inclusivity in the workplace, so applicants from all walks of life are welcome.